Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4 weeks of Couponing

So as of Sunday, April 10, I have been "couponing" for one month. I have to say that I am now officially addicted. In four short weeks I have amassed enough laundry detergent to last my household 54 weeks, enough cleaner to last me many months, 16 boxes of pasta, 8 razors, 7 face washes, 6 toothpastes.....hmm what else? Dish soap, body wash, shampoo, chicken, butter and many things I can't think of at the moment.

I was initially skeptical when I read the coupon blogs that I would be able to do this. I work more than 40 hours a week, run a household on my own, am working on a Masters, try to work out daily, and various other tasks, how can I possibly find time to figure this out? But I have discovered with about 30 minutes a day Monday-Friday, and about an hour on Saturday and Sunday, I can be a semi-extreme couponer, and so can you!

I am not going to list the daily and store deals on my blog, there are thousands of blogs and sites that do this and I will list my favorites soon. This blog is to show people that a normal person, not someone who needs to be featured on TLC, can save money and start a stockpile of goods in a normal way that will not dominate your life and take all of your free time!

No comments:

Post a Comment